2020 FOCUS Exhibition at the Allentown Art Show
Lehigh Valley Photography Club proudly hosts the 3rd annual juried exhibition of members' photography in the Community Gallery at the Allentown Art Museum, February 2nd to March 1st.
We all have a particular FOCUS in our photography, and no matter the subject, we are passionate about it!
FOCUS is your opportunity to display that passion with your printed work at the Allentown Art Museum!
You'll also get to enjoy the camaraderie and hospitality of the exhibit's opening reception on February 2nd. The club's reception and month-long exhibit have been well attended and help expand interest in photography in the Lehigh Valley.
The club wants to encourage and support the breath of the photography pursued by its members, so this year’s exhibit includes the following judging categories:
1. Nature - includes flowers, trees, wildlife (hand of man is permitted)
2. Travel - includes culture, street
3. Landscape - includes seascapes
4. Sport - includes action
5. People - includes portraits, candids, models, kids
6. Man-made - includes cities, buildings, cars, interiors
7. Open - includes abstracts, digital art, still life
Awards provided by our show sponsors, will be presented to the winning artists. We have commitments from Olympus, Really Right Stuff, Hoodman, Moab Paper, Lume Cube, Lensbaby, Friendship Framing, Breakthrough Photography, Blazing Editions, Peak Designs with more to be announced.
So send us your best shots! We look forward to seeing your images and joining us for the FOCUS exhibition reception. Review the detailed information about submission criteria, judging, printing and framing, and drop-off below.
DETAILS ON ENTERING AND JUDGING
- Must be a Lehigh Valley Photography Club member in good standing at the time of entry and the exhibit
- Each member may submit up to five image uploads with entry fee
- Digital editing and manipulation are allowed, however the final product must originate from your own photographic image
- There is no theme for this exhibit (tasteful nudity is allowed)
- Images that have exhibited in previous LVPC exhibitions are not allowed
- Entry deadline is December 1, 2019 at 11:30 pm
- The entry fee is $25
- Images must be correctly sized, named, and uploaded for consideration. Full details click the link or go to the page FOCUS Image Submission Deadline on the Calendar for December 1.
IMAGE ENTRY DETAILS AND SUBMISSION
- Best in Show
- Nature (includes flowers, trees, wildlife)
- Travel (includes culture, street)
- Landscape (includes seascapes)
- Sport (includes action)
- People (includes portraits, candids, models, kids)
- Man-made (includes cities, buildings, cars, interiors)
- Open (includes abstracts, digital art, still life)
- People’s Choice (voted on by opening-reception guests)
- You may submit to more than one category.
- You may submit a single image to more than one category. Each of those submissions will count as an upload. For example, if you submit one image to three categories, that counts as three of your five uploads. The judging committee will determine the most appropriate category for the image (assuming it is selected).
Criteria for Selection and Judging
Six factors will be considered in reviewing images:
- Conforms to Category
- Technical Excellence
- Artistic Merit
- Overall Impact
Image Selection and Notification
- Images will be down-selected for the exhibit by a member-only committee
- Members will be notified the week of December 8 regarding acceptance and will receive necessary forms with further details
- Up to 70 images will be selected
PRINTING AND FRAMING
- Exhibition photographs will be judged by a group of non-member photographers
- Judges will select the “Best of” for each category noted above, as well as “Best of Show”
- Guests of the reception will vote on the “People’s Choice” award
Print Size Specifications
- Minimum of 80 sq. in. (e.g. 8” x 10”)
- Maximum of 384 sq. in. (e.g. 16” x 24”)
- Images will be disqualified if undersized or oversized
- Matted prints: white mat, black frame, glass or Plexiglass, wired for hanging. No plastic, clip, poster, Gatorboard or similar frames will be allowed
- Canvas, metal, acrylic prints: black frame, wired for hanging
- Images will be disqualified if requirements are not met. Damaged frames, cracked or broken glass or poorly cut mats, etc. will not be shown unless corrected and resubmitted before the public opening
Delivery and Pickup of Art
- Location: Allentown Art Museum
- Artwork Delivery: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Artwork Pick Up: Sunday, March 1, 2020
Additional details will be provided to successful applicants.